Ten Reasons to Live in Lincoln Park
October 11, 2011
- Your friends live here.
- Red Line, Brown Line, Lakeshore Drive, and the 22 express bus.
- North Avenue Beach
- Lakefront Bike Paths: Why get hit by a car when you don’t have to?
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Golf: The Chicago Park District offers a two tier, year round driving range, complete with club rentals and instruction at Diversey and the Lake, There is also an 18 hole miniature golf course. When you are ready to stop practicing and start playing, you can play nine holes at Marovitz Golf Course.
- Fishing: If you would like to wet a line, the lakefront and harbors offer fishing for King and Coho salmon, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Perch, Bass, and the occasional Northern Pike. You will need a fishing license, which you can get from Park Bait at Montrose Harbor or from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources online. If you’ll be fishing for salmon or trout, remember to get the Lake Michigan Trout Stamp. DNR does check the lakefront.
- Archery: Wanna get primitive? Believe it or not, the Chicago Park district offers an archery range on the lakefront. If you don’t have your own equipment, the Lincoln Park Archery Club, Chicago Archery Center, and Archery Bow Range Chicago offer lessons.
- Molly’s Cupcakes. Who doesn’t want to eat great cupcakes and play board games?
- Weiner Circle: for when you need a late, intoxicated bite to eat, and want to be entertained at the same time. Not for the faint of heart.